Jason Ford is news editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4442
- E-mail: email@example.com
In the centenary year of the 20th Century’s devastating conflict, the spotlight falls on how British engineers supported the military effort while themselves making great sacrifices.
Injuries and fatalities caused by fatigue-related accidents could be curtailed with sensors embedded into seatbelts.
The construction headquarters of the new high-speed rail network are to be moved to England’s Second City as part of a £130m investment.
- Graphene car components enhance energy efficiency
- Farnborough kicks off with £1.1bn announcement
- None more black: UK engineers create world's darkest material
- UK component could enable next-generation wearable displays
- Reconfiguring robots learn to look after themselves
- The week ahead: Training, entrepreneurs and submariners
- The sharp end