Jason Ford is news editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4442
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Defence Review heralds an increase in spending, with new aircraft announced, although a cut in planned number of new ships, but the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement later this week is likely to unveil cuts elsewhere.
In just under a year UK engineers have designed and produced V-Guard, a new security tool that gives users high-definition images from the underside of vehicles.
As small UASs become cheaper, concern is rising about their safe operation, with new regulations and meetings about how they can be useful.
- Innovate 2015 puts focus on new technology and government science budget
- It's (not) a beautiful noise
- Manufacturers call on government to get behind growth
- GKN Aerospace joins Clean Sky 2 project
- Brunel scholarships help female engineers break the mould
- Warm leatherette: sort out security and let autonomy flourish
- A phone in the hand barely fits