Jon Excell is editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4437
- E-mail: email@example.com
At its annual automotive summit this week, the SMMT plans to examine the trends that are shaping the sector, whilst a series of IET lectures on renewables will also look at some of the challenges that lie ahead.
An advanced situational awareness system developed by engineers at BAE Systems enables a tank’s crew to see through their vehicle’s armour.
Could National Grid plans to replace pylons at UK beauty spots pave the way for a rethink on our future transmission network?
- July 1877 – The Anti sea-sickness couch
- Jan 1856 – The Horse Tank
- March 1856 - The hand-powered submarine
- February 1896 - The gun bike
- April 1857 – the garrotte-proof cravat
- What does 'the great fall of China' mean for British industry?
- UK to trial on-the-go charging for electric vehicles