Jon Excell is editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4437
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineers have made huge progress on the construction of Chernobyl’s New Safe Confinement, an immense shield that will replace the infamous reactor’s crumbling sarcophagus
A project to create a detailed digital model of the UK’s rail network is predicted to save up to £1bn over the next decade.
According to a report out today UK engineers are feeling more upbeat and confident about both their own and industry’s prospects than they have for ages. Are you one of them?
- Why and how industry can do more to retain its female engineers
- Just two years after graduating, this engineer watched his cameras installed on the International Space Station
- Driven by diversity: Bechtel's global rail boss Ailie MacAdam
- Should we fear the rise of the robots?
- Wi-Fi detection system sees through walls
- October 1933: The Post Office Research Station
- Mercedes F1 power unit honoured as outstanding example of British engineering