Jon Excell is editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4437
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearly half a century before the world’s first electric domestic washing machine was introduced The Engineer reported on a novel domestic washing machine that employed a strikingly different concept to today’s rotary machines.
Unpicking the complex links that unite Scotland with the rest of the United Kingdom would be a painful process. But what might it ultimately mean for industry?
The technology chief at the world’s biggest defence firm talks to us about laser weapons, unmanned systems, quantum computing and the future of manufacturing
- Hailing the driverless taxi
- Power games
- The developing climate for change
- June 1959: The birth of the hovercraft
- Dr Stefan Hartung - Bosch energy and building technology chief
- The rail sector must innovate fast to meet tomorrow's challenges
- July 1873: High speed rail