Jon Excell is editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4437
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Despite years of industry hand-wringing, dozens of targeted initiatives, pressure from government and dire warnings from all and sundry on the consequences of failing to deal with it – UK industry’s shameful gender divide shows little, if any, sign of narrowing.
Danish engineers are poised to begin construction of the world’s longest immersed tunnel.
At its annual automotive summit this week, the SMMT plans to examine the trends that are shaping the sector, whilst a series of IET lectures on renewables will also look at some of the challenges that lie ahead.
- Redcar inaction could hit industry hard
- Hack to the future: why industry should fear the rise of cyber-espionage
- It's time for government to get serious about science
- Jan 1856 – The Horse Tank
- July 1877 – The Anti sea-sickness couch
- Calling time on the majestic march of the pylons
- BAE demonstrates 'see-through' vehicle armour