Terms & Conditions for The Engineer/bmi Monthly Prize Letter Competition.
Try the smart approach for yourself, courtesy of bmi. The winner of The Engineer magazine's Letter of the Month prize for April will win a pair of tickets from London Heathrow to any destination on bmi’s European mainline network. To enter you must be a subscriber to The Engineer, click here for details on subscription. Competition terms and conditions are below.
The winner will be the writer of the Letter of the Month as decided by the editor. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be passed to bmi, after which The Engineer and Centaur Communications accept no responsibility for the provision of the prize. The prize is subject to the conditions set out by bmi below.
1. The winner is entitled to one pair of tickets from London Heathrow to a destination of the winner’s choice on bmi’s European mainline network. The winner and companion must travel together. The prize tickets are valid within 6 months of receiving this letter and must be booked within 1 month of receiving the letter.
2. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable mandatory taxes, air passenger duty and passenger service charges at the time of booking.
3. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable. Flight details, dates and times cannot be varied once they are booked. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. bmi reserve the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prizes become unavailable.
4. Bookings must be at least fourteen days in advance of the outbound travel date. This offer is subject to availability and does not represent an entitlement to book to travel on a specific route on a specific date. Your seat must be booked in is a promotional booking class. All bmi flights and fare types applicable to this offer are capacity controlled and subject to availability at the time of booking. Availability is more restrictive during peak periods. Greater promotional seat availability is offered on off-peak and high frequency services. It is possible that whilst no promotional seats may be available on a flight, higher revenue seats may still be available on the same flight.
5. bmi reserves the right to change its flight schedules without prior notice.
6. You will be responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations. It is strongly recommended that travellers take out adequate travel insurance.
7. All flights are subject to the terms and conditions under which they are issued including bmi's general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (a copy of which is available upon request).
8. bmi reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake, or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar event.
9. By participating in this prize promotion, you grant the promoters permission to use your name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensations (except where prohibited).
10. Winners are liable for any tax liability accruing as a result of this promotion.
11. This promotion is governed by English Law.
12. bmi is the trading name for British Midland Airways Limited.
13. Prize excludes codeshare flights, bmibaby and transatlantic routes.