Stephen Harris is a Senior Reporter for The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4893
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New technology could allow light sensors to detect a greater range of signals, helping to make them cheaper and more effective.
Reports of a graduate engineer shortage are common yet competition for jobs remains fierce. Our roundtable panel proposed some potential solutions to the industry’s graduate problem.
Researchers at Tata Steel are hoping graphene could provide an environmentally friendly way to protect buildings from corrosion.
- Robot mannequin to test UK chemical weapon protection
- Engineering prizes reveal how human spirit drives technology
- Researchers create floating mist computer screens
- British drone set to help nuclear accident sites
- 3D-printed drone offers hope to future missing aircraft
- Levitating 'space furnace' bound for Space Station
- Could cutting carbon taxes lead to lower emissions?