Stuart Nathan is Features Editor of The Engineer
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7970 4125
- E-mail: email@example.com
Rolls-Royce has produced the largest ever civil aero engine component using 3D printing, working with the new National Centre for Additive Manufacturing at the Manufacturing Technology Centre
We shouldn’t be so shy about praising our inventors, whose ingenuity changes and saves lives as well as contributing to the economy, as a nerve-racking trip to Paris demonstrated.
What’s in the air? Four experts answer your questions on the latest developments in civil aircraft.
- Jewel in the crown: Rolls-Royce's single-crystal turbine blade casting foundry
- Pay attention
- Your questions answered: Large Hadron Collider restart
- Metamaterial 'hyperlens' has potential for early cancer detection
- Driving ahead, like an idiot or not
- Sodium-ion batteries 'set to challenge' dominant lithium-ion technology
- Scratching beneath the surface