ABB’s new customer focused service claims that it can deliver your order just 90minutes after you place it.
Every customer purchasing an ABB drive rated from 0.37 to 37kW from 1 October 1998, will be buying into a business process called Comp-AC. This says ABB is designed to make selecting, purchasing and operating drives below 40kW, faster and easier than previously. It comprises two key parts.
The first fulfils specific services and support packages which ABB’s research shows customers are demanding within this low power drives sector. The second part is a method, which is claimed to be the easiest way to select product features for this class of drives. Both the support packages and the product selection are linked to form the Comp-AC business.
Six support packages are initially launched, which will be represented by instantly recognisable ‘icons’ seen in the picture and depicting the particular service being offered in ABB’s marketing campaigns.
The icons are:
* Rapid delivery New stocking and transportation policies have been introduced to suit the changing demands of industry.
* World-wide warranty all drives within Comp-AC business will be replaced, free of charge, no questions asked, should they fail during the 12 month warranty.
* Round the clock telephone help dedicated Support Lines in each country give technical support for any type of query. The first point of call is the local supplier which is backed up by the main 24 hour, 365 day Support Line in Helsinki and New Berlin, USA.
* Credit card payment a system has been developed that allows instant payment by most major credit cards. This removes delaying paperwork and ensures that orders are processed quickly.
* Simple documentation a step-by-step guide to installing and starting a drive are all contained on one card, replacing bulky documentation.
* Fast ordering a dedicated Comp-AC telephone line in each country gives one point of contact for ordering new or replacement drives quickly.
It is anticipated that Website ordering will be available shortly.