Foster Wheeler Energy has today been awarded a contract by the Bahrain National Gas Company (BANAGAS) for front-end engineering design to revamp BANAGAS’ liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) facilities. The value of the contract was not disclosed.
BANAGAS is 75 percent owned by the Government of Bahrain with the remaining 25 percent equally owned by the Arab Petroleum Investment Corporation and Caltex Bahrain.
The BANAGAS LPG facilities will process 308 MMSCFD of associated sour gas with Arab gas and refinery offgas rich in LPG liquids.
The present facilities process 280 MMSCFD of gas in two gas/condensate reception plants with associated gas treatment and LPG/naphtha export facilities, located at the Bahrain oil field, south of Awali, and refrigerated product storage and loading areas at Sitra, 15 kms south of Manama.
Foster Wheeler will undertake the front-end engineering design for the revamp of process units at both of the central gas plants, the refrigerated product storage area and export facilities at Sitra, including the transfer pipelines.