Bentley’s RAM International Solutions Center has just released version 11.2 of RAM Structural System – Bentley’s modeling, analysis, and design software for structural engineers involved in the design of building structures of all types. The software provides powerful automated and integrated tools that increase structural engineers’ productivity, allowing them to be more profitable and to more quickly produce economical designs.
RAM Structural System Version 11.2 includes the following new features:
- New load combinations and template controls: A combination can consist of up to 25 load cases, and the templates have new “controls” to allow greater versatility in the generation of code- and user-specified combinations.
- Notional Loads: The total applied Dead and Live loads on each story, upon which the Notional Loads are based, are automatically determined, and Notional Loads per BS 5950, CAN/CSA S16-01, AISC 360-05, or user-specified criteria are automatically generated and applied. The load combinations include these new Notional Load cases.
- BS 5950 Frame Stability: The Lambda Critical command is based on the notional load results, and a new option lets the program determine the sway sensitivity of each frame. In addition, for sway sensitive frames, the Amplified Sway method (kamp) is available as an alternative to the Effective Length method or P-delta analysis. The user can either specify the value of kamp to be used or have the program determine and use the value for each combination individually.
- DXF import: Rotated orthogonal grid systems and radial grid systems can be imported into the modeler from DXF files. Moreover, individual orthogonal grid systems can be imported as distinct grid systems, rather than as part of one large grid system.
- Baseplate Summary report warning: The Baseplate Summary report in the Steel Column module has been enhanced to include a warning when a baseplate size fails.
- Enhanced licensing management: Licensing management has been modified so that valid licenses will be available even when Bentley’s SELECT Server is not accessible.
Users of Bentley’s RAM International product line who are also subscribers under Bentley’s SELECT Program agreement will receive the RAM Structural System Version 11.2 free of charge. All other users may contact their Bentley account manager or regional engineer for upgrade information at +1 800 726 7789, or from outside the USA at +1 760 431 3610.
For more information on RAM Structural System, contact Bentley’s RAM International Solutions Center at 2744 Loker Avenue West, Carlsbad, California, 92010 USA; phone: +1 800 726 7789, press 2 for sales (or +1 760 431 3610); fax: +1 760 431 5214; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Bentley’s comprehensive structural solutions, visit www.BentleysWinningTeam.com.
Bentley, the “B” logo, SELECT, SELECT Server, and RAM are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.