BP signs four coalbed methane contracts in Indonesia

Oil and gas company BP has signed four new coalbed methane (CBM) production-sharing contracts (PSCs) in the Barito basin of South Kalimantan, Indonesia.

BP and co-owner Pertamina were jointly awarded the Tanjung IV CBM PSC through a direct award from the Government of Indonesia.

The London-based company will hold a 44 per cent participating interest in the PSC with Pertamina holding the remaining 56 per cent.

BP and co-owner PT Sugico Graha (Sugico) were jointly awarded the Kapuas I, II and III CBM PSCs through a direct offer from the Government of Indonesia.