PTC has recently released Mathcad Prime 8 version so let’s look at the improvements.
There are several updates to application-level functionality, which include important features requested by users.
- You can now set warnings for when either user- or system- defined identifiers such as variables, constants, and functions are redefined in your worksheet. This allows you to avoid unknowingly changing the definition of critical parameters.
- PCT has added a partial derivative operator in the Operators menu for you to use to define calculations that include partial derivatives.
- You can independently turn on header, footer, or page view border with the new show frame functionality.
- And to enhance the usability of the combo-box input control added in the last release, in Prime 8 you can copy multiple values and paste them into the combo-box edit mode, making combo-box input control creation easier.
Symbolic and Numeric Engines Enhancements
There are many customer-driven enhancements to the symbolics engine in Mathcad Prime 8, as well as new functionality not seen in previous versions of Mathcad. On top of general keyword improvements, there has been significant improvement and expansion in use and performance for integral functions, such as Fourier, Laplace, and Ztrans and their inverses. Two new modifiers have been added to allow manipulation of the normalization and oscillatory factors for use with the Fourier keyword. Calculus operators such as Limits, Integrals, and Derivatives have been improved and cover expanded use cases. And there is now better auto-labelling of undefined variables in symbolic results.
- You can now see on a worksheet tab when a worksheet is unsaved and can close a worksheet directly from its tab.
- You can move worksheets to rearrange their order.
- Each tab now includes an right mouse button menu that provides access to useful actions, including calculate, move tab, copy full file path name, open containing folder, and close this or other tabs.
- And there are several smaller usability updates, like the new clear text format command and ctrl/wheel zoom.
Save as HTML legacy worksheet view
And finally, a new Save as HTML option has been added to the legacy worksheet converter. This allows you to create a view of your legacy PTC Mathcad worksheet before you convert it to PTC Mathcad Prime format and refer to it to help rework your converted worksheet where necessary.
Check the full improvements list here:
Download the 30-days free Mathcad Prime 8 trial:
Contact us to set the free online demo session and get an idea of how this tool can help you in your daily work.
+44 (0) 203 695 710