Equistone Partners acquires a majority stake in EuroAvionics

Funds managed by Equistone Partners Europe have acquired a majority stake in EuroAvionics Holding Varde Investments Ireland for an undisclosed sum.

EuroAvionics is a manufacturer of civil certified avionics systems for helicopters and aircraft. Following the transaction, Equistone will hold 84 per cent of the company’s shares with the management team owning the remaining 16 per cent of the holding company. Equistone’s investment will support the company in driving forward its international expansion through organic and acquisitive growth.

EuroAvionics was founded in 1993 near Stuttgart. Since then, the company has evolved to become an advanced aerospace supplier with 42 employees and an international network of partners.

The international team, based in Pforzheim, designs, develops and produces customised avionics systems for aviation companies, including Eurocopter, Agusta, Sikorsky and Embraer.

These high-specification systems are used predominantly by professional operators engaged in air-rescue, reconnaissance, fire-fighting and police services.