* Sauven Marking of Byfleet is using the compact pneumatic control block, developed by Crouzet, on its Codamak range of top coding machines. Chosen for simplicity and reliability, the pneumatics control a reciprocating printer. The alternative, using a PLC and solenoid valves, was seen as potentially less reliable and more expensive.
CROUZET ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 207
* CCL has launched a communication bridge that allows users of Can-based device networks, such as DeviceNet, to extend their distance by up to four miles.
A Can-Bridge connects to each network segment, and is interconnected with other Can-Bridges using fibre optic or coaxial cable backbone. A minimum of two bridges is required, although the multiple bridges can be positioned in star or bus topologies.
CONTEMPORARY CONTROL ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 208
* PHield Worker is a Windows-based application that enables a user to download data from corporate systems on to a handheld computer for on-the-spot mobile inspection and routine maintenance.
The software allows the end user to set their own criteria and questions. It will also access data sources, such as Oracle and Access, support bar code technology to ensure purity of input, and interface with `intelligent tags’ for data integrity.
PEARSON-HARPER ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 209
* ABB Industrial Systems is introducing two I/O ranges to complement its Advant OCS AC400 process controllers. The S800 Series distributed system can manage many thousands of I/O, each station accommodating 12 I/O modules. The S100 bulk I/O system provides a complete process interface, including both general-purpose digital and analogue inputs and outputs, and specific task modules.
ABB INDUSTRIAL ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 210
* The latest Scheme Series 588 gas flowmeter insertion accommodates pipe diameters from 100mm to 3m. It offers a wide measuring range of 0.8m/s to 38.5m/s, temperature span from 0xC to 180xC, and is suitable for process pressures up to 21bar.
The Series 600 in-line gaseous flow transmitter features a wafer design for smaller pipe sizes up to 75mm diameter. Measuring range is from 0.5m3/hr to 400m3/hr.
DELTA CONTROLS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 211
* Flotech Solutions, the new independent distributor of the Brooks Industrial range, marks its debut with the launch of five products.
They include three flowmeters. The Brooks 5700 electronic gas flowmeter uses a proven thermal mass flow sensor for repeatability and wide turndown. The LSN series Micro Oval is a high-accuracy positive displacement unit that can measure low liquid flows in hazardous areas. The NT is an adaptable and rugged turbine model, constructed in stainless steel with strong bearings for trouble-free operation.
The 7900 flow alarms use inductive sensing technology and, when used with the relevant barrier/power supply, are certified intrinsically safe in hazardous areas. The S90 indicator power supply unit completes the range. This adaptable instrument can be scaled in engineering units or percentage; or alternatively operated as a single channel recorder.
FLOTECH SOLUTIONS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 212
* Anyone using a Windows-based PC can integrate a live video window into their application with PC-Eye, a complete high-performance PC sub-station from DSP Design. It measures only 160mm by 100mm, and can be fitted into virtually any instrument or control panel
DSP DESIGN ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 213