* Honeywell has moved UK sales and servicing of the former Leeds+Northrup measurement, control and sensors products in-house, following its take-over of the business last year. Meanwhile, Honeywell has acquired Halle, part of ATR Industrie-Elektronik in Germany.
* Gensym has signed a deal with the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) to use Gensym’s G2 family of software.
* BASF Corporation has made Foxboro the sole supplier of all new control systems for BASF in the NAFTA region.
* AspenTech has acquired Bechtel’s process industries modelling system (PIMS).
* Fisher Controls has consolidated its UK valve sales and engineering operations into a single location at Stockport.
* Intellution has achieved revenue growth of 40% compared with 1995, taking revenue above $50 million.
* Servomex has acquired Montec Holdings from Northumbrian Water Group for some £3.8 million.
* Signal Instrument has acquired the gas emissions and ambient air monitoring business of Rotork Analysis. The new company is Signal Ambitek.
* Research Engineers, the manufacturer of portable detectors for hydrocarbon gases and VOCs, has been integrated with Telegan.
* Capteur Sensors has moved its manufacturing and management operations to Didcot, Oxfordshire.
* Gensym’s R&D centre in Maidenhead has now opened. It is to develop enterprise systems and Internet connectivity.
* Moore Products’ Quadlogic safety systems have now been approved by TUV.
* Entek IRD International has been formed from Entek Scientific and IRD Mechanalysis.