* Aspen Technology and BP Oil have formed a business and technical alliance focused on improving BP’s refining efficiency and profitability.
* MDC Technology is the new name for MDC – Process Control Consultants.
* Schneider has completed the opening of its seventh and final sales and technical support centre – in Glasgow.
* SMC Pneumatics and Mitsubishi Electric have formed a strategic alliance to develop the automation industry.
* Goodwin Electronics has announced a partnership agreement with Yaskawa.
* Scomagg has launched a web site at http://www.scomagg.com
* Danfoss has appointed Bolton-based Production Equipment as its Nessie system centre for the north of England.
* ABB Control has appointed Eurotech Industries Technical Services, of Aberdeen, to its network of systems integrators.
* Meggitt Electronic has bought the Regisbrook Group from the joint receivers, Deloitte and Touche.
* Gensym and Camelot IS-2 International have formed a joint venture to provide an open application framework for intelligent supply chains.
* Severn Glocon’s north east service facility has relocated to the former ICI Avenue workshop, Widnes. The company has also increased the capacity of its Gloucester site to around 4,000 valves per year.
* LTH Electronics, of Luton, is celebrating its 30th birthday this year.
* Flotech Solutions has merged with thermal mass calibration specialist, Prescal Technical Services.
* GDE Systems has become a systems integrator for National Instruments.