* Honeywell’s 20PC series miniature flow-through pressure sensor uniquely can be placed in-line with the media flow path.
The company claims that because there is no need for `T’ connections and extra bypass tubing, the sensors cut production costs and also suit limited spaces.
The sensors can measure dynamic or static pressure in a variety of applications, including instrumentation which is used in robotics and industrial automation.
HONEYWELL CONTROL SYSTEMS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 200
* Modern automation systems control material flows that use thousands of components and products. Defects on individual parts can accumulate quickly and cause production problems and unnecessary waste.
The Videomat IV system from Siemens Automation provides 100% checking of workpieces before and after assembly. It features high-speed code and character recognition; high-precision product measurement without physical contact; and inspection of surface finishes. The Videomat comprises an advanced vision processing module to act as a coprocessor in Siemens Simatic S5 or S7 PLCs or as a standalone system.
SIEMENS AUTOMATION ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 201
* Colter Systems is offering a service to help OEM customers develop specific microprocessor controllers, complete with special software functions and the customer’s required mix of analogue and digital I/O configurations.
The company is also launching an analogue version of its compact FMT-200 PLC. It features 200K program storage with removable flash memory credit card-sized program and data storage card.
COLTER SYSTEMS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 202
*Loop-powered indicating temperature transmitters from Beka Associates produce a linearised 4/20mA output from most popular thermocouple or RTD inputs, and show the input temperature on an easy-to-read display.
BEKA ASSOCIATES ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 203
* Conductivity instruments from Mettler include four new transmitters said to be flexible, accurate, reliable and competitively priced. The InPro 7000 series of 2 and 4-electrode sensors cater for a range of applications from monitoring pure water to acid solutions. The InFit CIP housings are for pH, redox and dissolved oxygen measurement in the food and beverage industries. The InPro 6000 dissolved oxygen sensor and the InTap 595 high-precision portable dissolved oxygen analyser complete the line-up.
METTLER ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 204
* Visionary is an intelligent system for controlling, protecting and monitoring the functional units placed within a motor control centre or switchboard at the heart of a process control system. Klockner-Moeller developed the system. Its main components are: Motorvision covers the contactor-controlled motor starters; Feedervision is used for the circuit breakers and feeder; and Datavision provides all the metering and alarm monitoring facilities for incoming and outgoing distribution circuits. The Visionary system is supplied with the Insight Scada package.
The system’s hub is the Datacon data gateway providing central collection of system data and the all-important interface with a host distributed control system using Modbus, Profibus and other network protocols.
KLOCKNER-MOELLER ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 205
* With Datum, ABB-Kent-Taylor introduces an `integrated open systems’ concept for level measurement in reservoirs, boreholes and storage tanks.
The Datum system has a broad range of submersible level sensors, advanced local control electronics, Modbus communications and also the ability to accept third-party equipment.
It is aimed primarily at the water industry. Datum is suitable for general process applications typically in the chemical, petrochemical and food industries.
Datum systems can be configured for basic pressure measurement, via a screw-in sensor, or as a relatively complex reservoir application featuring local universal indicators with in-built alarms, transmitter power supplies, maths functions and Modbus links to a chart recorder or data logger.
ABB KENT-TAYLOR ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 206