Cracker suitors

Union Carbide, BP Chemicals and BASF have all been rumoured as interested in acquiring ICI’s 80% stake in the 865,000 tonne/year ethylene cracker at Wilton. BP Chemicals holds the remaining 20%. A sale is expected by the end of the year.

Union Carbide, BP Chemicals and BASF have all been rumoured as interested in acquiring ICI’s 80% stake in the 865,000 tonne/year ethylene cracker at Wilton. BP Chemicals holds the remaining 20%. A sale is expected by the end of the year.