Electro Mechanical Systems has launched a tiny stepping motor for use in applications where size, weight and accuracy are important.
The AM1020-20 two-phase motor measures just 10 x 24mm. The motor has a 1.2mm shaft and can handle radial and axial loads up to 0.3N. Two versions with adapted shafts are available for use with gearheads.
EMS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 210
* International Rectifier has developed a family of high and low-side mosfet switches which are claimed to offer failsafe performance when driving critical loads.
The Powirsafe series provides safe driving of dc motors, solenoids, valves and lamp loads in automotive, industrial control, factory automation and office machinery systems. In addition to protecting the devices, they also protect the microcontrollers to which they interface and the loads they drive.
INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 212
* A protected quad low-side driver IC from Allegro MicroSystems provides a cost-effective solution for driving relays and solenoids in automotive applications. The device has four outputs, each fully protected up to 40V and capable of sinking 300mA in the on state.
It incorporates diagnostic circuitry for detecting open or shortened loads, as well as integral clamping diodes. Overcurrent protection on each channel is activated at a nominal current of 500mA.
ALLEGRO MICROSYSTEMS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 213
* Alternators for the automotive industry are available from Iskra Autoelektrika. The internally ventilated devices are rated up to 100A and feature fully sealed brush units and forced air-cooling. Strategically placed air vents are said to contribute to low turbulence and high throughput airflow over the interior components. This is said to cool components more efficiently than an old-style external fan.
ISKRA AUTOELEKTRIKA ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 211
* GE Fanuc’s latest series of linear motors is suitable for machine tools requiring high speed and high precision. High speed comes from the direct thrust force and precision from the elimination of backlash and distortion in the power drive. Stroke length can be extended and no moving parts means that maintenance costs are lower.
GE FANUC ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 215
* TurnTable gearheads from Bayside Controls are for robotics, packaging, medical and automation equipment. They are said to provide high speed input and high torque output for optimum servo performance. The pinion is premounted in the gearhead housing with a `floating bearing’ which automatically compensates for any motor shaft runout or misalignment.
BAYSIDE CONTROLS ON EXPRESS ENQUIRY CARD 214