* George Tamke, 49, has been promoted to president of Emerson Electric (USA), parent of Fisher Rosemount. Chuck Knight, 61, continues as chairman, whilst Al Suter, 61, remains chief operating officer. Sales at Emerson hit $11billion last year with profits, $1billion.
* Chris Cottrell is joining Elsag Bailey/Hartmann & Braun as general manager of the Analytical Division, Europe.
* Dr John Richness is the new managing director at Lloyds Instruments.
* Chas Not has been appointed managing director of SQL Systems (UK).
* Don Firkins has been appointed vice president sales and marketing of Whessoe Varec.
* Dave Pickles is to head the UK sales team of Siemens Automation.
* Bob Lorenzetto has been appointed regional manager for Europe for Metrics Instrument.
* Mike Wellborn is the new managing director for Norman.
* Andrew Bell is now sales and marketing manager for Riverside Automation.
* Chris Banks has joined Delta Controls as sales office manager.
* Nick Smith is the new quality manager for Control Techniques Dynamics
* Ian McFarlane is now customer support manager for York Sensors.
* Brian Varley has retired as managing director of Tyco Valves. His successor is David Simpson.
* Scott Foster has joined Inframetrics as sales engineer for the south of England.
* Steve Maughan is the new sales manager for Rotork’s Orbus control system; Steve Stone has been promoted to Orbus product manager; Chris Ebsworth takes on the role of support manager.