* Mike Mason, currently managing director of Bailey Atuomation in Telford, is to head Elsag Bailey’s restructured UK Group. The new divisions are Systems Division (Bailey Automation), Analytical Division (Hartmann & Braun), Instruments Division (Fischer & Porter), Sensors Division (Bush Beach Engineering) and Installation Division (Wirral Automation).
* Pierre Sarre has been appointed group managing director of Control Technqiues.
* John Murphy has been appointed CEO of Control Techniques’ research and development team based in Newtown, Powys.
* Richard Watts has been appointed to head PC Soft International’s European operations based in Brussels.
* Paul Hill is the new UK general manager for the Cegelec PCI Group.
* Dietmar Pfahler is to head Siemens Nixdorf’s R/3 Division.
* Ruben Mangin is the newly-created vice-president, manufacturing, of National Instruments.
* John Cherry is the new sales and marketing director of Thames Side-Maywood.
* Bill Goldfinch has been appointed to the board of Metratec.
* Philip Wootten is valves product manager for Parker Hannifin’s Instrumentation Products Division.
* Malcolm Ion has been appointed sales engineer for the process weighing division of Nobel Systems.
* Marion Kacala has been appointed product marketing director of CompAir Reavell.
* Jennifer Tritton and Gillian Elliott have been appointed directors of Photain Controls, the fire detection and control systems company.