22-23 February 2018
City of Jelgava
Join the Mechanical Engineering forum in Latvia, 22-23 February to discover new market opportunities and register for free individual consultations with London based industry experts… Read more
From 22-23 February the city of Jelgava in Latvia will host the 2nd Mechanical Engineering and Metalworking Business Forum and you are invited to join us. The forum invites you to step out of your daily routine and take a look at business opportunities in Latvia, as well as the wider Baltic-Nordic region and CIS countries that are well connected via railway, sea and air routes. The Baltic-Nordic regions are the second-largest trading partner for the UK so come along to hear the stories from CEOs and industry experts who know the business landscape in the region and export their products and services from Latvia around the globe. With nearly four-fifths of the Latvian engineering sector’s output exported to approximately 100 countries around the world and 30 per cent of the engineering workforce made up of women, perhaps Latvia can become also your launchpad to the global market and a testbed for new product developments.
The programme includes conference, B2B matchmaking, informal networking events and tailored visits to factories and education institutions. Latvia is closer than you may think, the capital Riga is an hour or two away with 89 direct flight from the most European major cities: London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Moscow, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and others.
Want to learn more about the engineering sector opportunities in Latvia? Email Ms. Alise Pika (firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 756 31611) and register for free individual consultations with London-based industry/market experts until 31 January, 2018.
A few reasons to attend:
- Meet and build new business relationships with local and international suppliers to strengthen your competitiveness in a market. Nearly four-fifths of the Latvian engineering sector’s total output is exported to approximately 100 countries around the world. Latvia can become also your launchpad to global market.
- Source solutions, contract manufacturing services and product development that can help to grow your business. Besides a state-of-the-art 3D printing centre in Riga and innovative vacuum coating systems and processes, with the project CAMART², Latvia will have a European Level Regional Centre of Material Research and Technology Transfer that will improve training of specialists in the field of nano-materials, photonics and high technologies.
- Learn from industry professionals who will reveal their success stories. In recent years foreign and home-grown companies such as GroGlass, Peruza, Akg Thermotechnik Lettland, MikroTik, UAV Factory, Bucher Municipal, Axon Cable are achieving growth and reaching global export markets from Latvia.
- Visit Latvian manufacturing plants, engineering education institutions and inspiring start-ups.
- Find a location for your new development or production expansion project within the EU single market and meet the LIAA investment team.
To get a taste of Latvia listen to Axon Cable’s investment story and get inspired to join us for the forum!