BAE Systems and HVM Catapult announced as keynotes
The first raft of speakers has been confirmed for The Engineer Conference, the high-end, free educational programme that runs during Subcon, the Advanced Manufacturing Show and The Engineer Design & Innovation Show from 6-8 June at the NEC, Birmingham.
BAE Systems’ director of strategic technology Andy Wright and Prof Sam Turner, the newly appointed CTO at the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, will present two of the conference’s keynote addresses.
“The Engineer Conference is the ultimate opportunity for visitors to Subcon in June to gain critical insight into the newest industry trends, to keep up to date and hear the latest thinking from leading minds at the forefront of advanced manufacturing,” said event director Gordon Kirk.
“We’re really excited about this summer’s conference: we will deliver a programme showcasing inspiring projects and the latest thinking from engineering design, manufacturing and supply chain development, giving the audience key recommendations and practical advice that can be applied directly to business strategy.”
Covering hot topics such as Brexit, Industry 4.0, additive manufacturing, automation, skills and the Apprenticeship Levy, 17 speakers have been announced to date from companies including Jaguar Land Rover, Ocado and Siemens:
- Al Gane, advanced manufacturing facilities manager, Jaguar Land Rover
- Sam Shaikh, R&D – Ocado
- Alan Norbury, CTO – Siemens UK
- Ann Watson, CEO, SEMTA (the engineering sector skills body)
- Chris Richards, EEF Senior Business Environment Policy Adviser
- George Nikolaidis, EEF Senior Economist
- Dan Knowlton, KPS
- Rachel Eade, OBE, RED
- Desi Bacheva, project design engineer, HiETA Technologies
- Neill Briggs, technical director, Briggs Automotive Company
- Carl Perrin, director of the academy of manufacturing excellence, Coventry University
- Marc Saunders, director – global solutions centres, Renishaw
- Michael Ward, CTO, Advanced Forming Research Centre
- Birmingham City University/Meridien
- Phil Reeves, VP Consulting – Stratasys
The full conference programme will be announced at the end of March and visitors are recommended to register to receive instant updates.
Find out more by visiting the show websites.