Engineering a retail revolution
In the second episode of The Engineer Spotlight, we talk to Sid Shaikh, product development manager at Ocado Engineering, about developing large-scale automation systems and robotic hardware for the grocery online industry, as well as the career opportunities available to engineers looking for a fresh challenge.
- What technology and engineering means for Ocado
- What is the Ocado Smart Platform
- The future technologies the company is looking at
- The unique engineering challenges of online grocery retail
- What engineering skills is Ocado looking for
- What it’s like to work for the company
Lean Manufacturing in the digital age
In this first episode of The Engineer Spotlight, we talk to Damian Hennessey, director of advanced manufacturer Proto Labs, about why that decades-old buzz-phrase Lean Manufacturing has been made doubly relevant by the advent of digital manufacturing techniques and processes.
- How Lean has benefitted manufacturers and why it is relevant today.
- The opportunities that are being created by bringing lean into a digital age.
- Why selecting the right material for the right digital manufacturing process matters.
- How you can use digital manufacturing to embrace a lean philosophy.
To view the Spotlight interview click here or on the picture below.