As the engineering technologies shaping the future of our society become ever more complex, interdisciplinary and interdependent, a systems engineering approach - which enables teams to take a holistic view of an entire project - is becoming increasingly critical across all areas of industry.
In this panel session, organized in partnership with Dassault Systèmes, experts from across industry will discuss the growing importance of systems engineering, and specifically model-based systems engineering (MBSE), a discipline that enables the application of systems engineering in a computer modelling environment.
Delegates will learn how model based systems engineering (MBSE) is being deployed across a range of different sectors and projects, and gather valuable insights on the benefits, challenges and practicalities of applying MBSE to their own projects.
Key discussion areas:
- MBSE / Systems Engineering – what’s the difference?
- Benefits of adopting MBSE in complex engineering projects
- Practical advice on Integrating and adopting MBSE
- Driving cross disciplinary / multi partner collaboration with MBSE
- Complex System integration
- Future trends and advances
- MBSE Skills requirements
- Alex Edwards – CATIA Lead Aerospace & Defence - Dassault Systèmes
- Dave Underhill – Digital & Systems Engineering Lead - BAE Systems
- Dr Jafar Jamshidi - Senior Lecturer in Integrated Product Development Cranfield University
- More panelists TBC
Monday 25th September, 1 – 2pm (UK time)