Roemheld 5-Axis vice systems lift Aerospace production
Roemheld estimates that Aerospace contractors generally spend just 10% to 15% of their lead times on the actual cutting of components. This opportunity for end users to optimise the remaining 85% - 90% of production down-time by increasing throughput, has led to an increased need for 5-Axis machining technology.
Roemheld 5-Axis vice systems have been designed to meet the specific demands of 5-axis machining within the Aerospace industry. The Roemheld vice systems enable the workpiece to be positioned at maximum height on the table and the adjustable clamping forces will meet a wide range of applications and cutting conditions. The vice systems are highly flexible and jaw changing is fast and efficient.
With Roemheld 5-Axis vice systems, the spindle tooling is kept as short as possible for rigidity and allows maximum cutting forces to be applied. Free access to the workpiece, which is absolutely essential for optimum and complete machining of a workpiece on all sides, is also provided. Improved productivity and repeatability along with high rigidity and improved surface finish greatly improve the speed of machining and increase throughput and production line efficiency
The Aerospace industry is also now starting to invest more heavily in reducing set-up times, an area of production that can offer significant rewards for relatively small investment. Roemheld is unique in the market for offering a wide range of workholding products that are designed to work together to maximise set-up times, all from a single source. So when Roemheld 5-Axis vice systems are combined with Roemheld Stark Zero Point Technology, end users can reduce set up times by up to an almost unbelievable 90%.
To find out more about Roemheld 5-axis vices systems within the Aerospace industry, visit www.roemheld.co.uk or telephone 01604 497665.
For more information on this company click here
To add your company click here