We’re pleased to announce that the deadline for The Engineer’s new awards competition – Collaborate to Innovate (C2I) – has been extended until the 21st June.
C2I is aimed at uncovering, celebrating and analysing UK industry’s most innovative and effective engineering collaborations.
We want to hear about engineering collaboration wherever it occurs – whether between separate businesses, industry and academia, or between different academic groups. All we ask is that entries are innovative, truly collaborative, and that they’re likely to have a positive impact in their application area.
Entries are invited from projects which address engineering challenges across a broad range of areas including transport; health; energy efficiency and sustainability; information and connectivity; safety and security; and the built environment. Shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel containing some of the UK’s most senior and respected engineers (see below)
Winners will be announced at an exclusive VIP reception in London on Wed 7th September, and will present their projects at a special one-day conference on 17 November at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre in Coventry.
To find out more about Collaborate to Innovate, and to enter this year’s competition visit our awards website at:
The headline partner for the C2I initiative is the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and sponsors include the High Value Manufacturing Catapult and Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Dick Elsy Chief Executive, HVM Catapult
- Professor Iain Gray – Director of Aerospace, Cranfield University
- Paul Stein – Director, Research & Technology, Rolls-Royce
- Dawn Bonfield – Chief Executive, Women’s Engineering Society
- Professor Tom Rodden – Deputy CEO, EPSRC
- Professor Andy Wright - Director of Technology, BAE Systems
- Paul Jackson – Chief Executive, Engineering UK
- Linda Miller – Engineer & Project Manager, Bechtel
- Robert Morton – VP, European Sales & Marketing, NationaI Instruments
- Margaret Wood MBE – Managing Director, ICW
Finally, if you’re interested in supporting the awards or sponsoring one of our categories please contact firstname.lastname@example.org